The Department of Physical Education provides challenging and innovative activities at all grade levels while promoting positive sportsmanship, an emphasis on lifelong fitness, and healthy decision making in a caring, supportive non-threatening environment.
Physical Education Goals
North Bellmore students will:
1) Develop an appreciation for movement and become proficient movers, develop the competence to try new skills, and perceive a healthy lifestyle through physical fitness.
2) Communicate efficiently in a variety of situations and to creatively, skillfully and respectfully convey, receive, and exchange information, thoughts, ideas, and feelings through various physical activities.
3) Develop an appreciation for and enjoyment of a variety of physical activities. Physical education classes provide opportunities for success and feelings of achievement.
4) Be responsible and effective leaders who work to develop positive attitudes, sportsmanship, and success by their example.
5) Be respectful and appreciative of individuals, cultural and physical differences. Through cooperative activities students will learn to appreciate the values of helping others.
North Bellmore Physical Education Faculty
Saw Mill Road