Placement guidelines for Student Teachers and Observers
To be considered for a student teaching placement in one of our schools a university/college must contact the North Bellmore Union Free School District Human Resources department. Direct contact with cooperating teachers or school principals is not permitted.
If a College or University wishes to place student teachers in the North Bellmore School District, the following must be submitted:
· Request for Placement / Complete the APPLICATION Form by selecting the link below;
· Letter from College / University stating requirements
· Student's Resume
· For Student Teachers (ONLY)- Proof of Current Fingerprint clearance provided by BOCES: The State of New York requires that everyone who has contact with students in the school setting be fingerprinted prior to starting their assignments. Individuals will not be allowed into the classroom without proof of current fingerprint clearance.
Placements will be made based on the following criteria: availability of qualified staff/teacher(s) in requested areas and willingness of schools to take a student. The North Bellmore School District will consider placing students at their requested location or with their requested mentor/principal. However, students must be willing to accept an available placement if their request is not able to be met.
The above materials may be submitted to the North Bellmore School District (in one packet) in one of three ways:
1. Mailing to: North Bellmore UFSD, Human Resources
2616 Martin Ave, North Bellmore, NY 11710
2. Emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Faxing to: 516.221.6319
Student Teacher placement deadlines
Fall Semesters/Quarters (September-December) by:
Spring Semesters/Quarters (January – May) by:
Once the Human Resources department receives all completed documents, the information will be reviewed for possible placement. When placement has been confirmed, Human Resources will send an email of confirmation to the University/College Coordinator with your student teaching placement information. Human resources will notify the student if the district is unable to place the student.
Questions should be referred to Ms. Fernandez, Human Resources at (516) 992-3000 ext. 3023.